We are looking for a talented data engineer to join our world class, results-driven team. You will be an early member of our data science team and will help to build out our capabilities. If you meet the requirements below, we would love to tell you more in person.
This is an opportunity to make a big impact in a small team and to have fun. It’s way better than those boring, big corporate, red tape, meetings-all-the-time, sucks-the-life-out-of-you jobs.
As a key member of our growing team, we expect you to align and extend our culture. We’d like you to teach us new things, improve our systems and processes, show passion for what you do and bring intellectual honesty and resourcefulness.
HintMD is a well-funded high technology startup offering SaaS solutions to the beauty and aesthetics market. Our ExpertCommerce™ platform enables physicians to curate treatment plans for patients and deliver the convenience to help patients achieve results. We enable consumers to fully engage within the aesthetic industry, know what is right for them and stay compliant with a personalized plan that guides them through each step on their journey to be their best.
We are a diverse, dynamic team and we are growing quickly. Our team includes successful serial entrepreneurs, industry experts and people passionate to make a difference in our customers’ lives. Our headquarters are in beautiful Pleasanton, California.
- Bachelor’s in computer science degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working as a data engineer, building data warehouse and data pipelines
- Extensive experience designing and writing robust ETL jobs, and distributed data processing systems (Hive, Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Strong development skills in at least one of Python/Java/Scala
- Strong SQL knowledge – query optimization, data modeling etc.
- Experience with AWS environment (EC2, EFS, RDS, Lambda, Redshift, EFS etc.)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, results-driven setting
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the engineering and data science teams to evaluate data architecture, improve data workflow and understand data design on the HintMD roadmap
- Building the data architecture to support data science operations
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading data from a variety of systems
- Building a company data warehouse search platform for business analytics
- Building and automating dashboards and data distribution for internal reporting
- Becoming a trusted analytics partner across the company, providing a valuable source of data-based insights
- Performing other duties as assigned
What We Can Offer
We believe healthy people fuel a healthy culture. We offer health, dental and vision benefits, as well as three weeks paid vacation per year at the minimum.
If this sounds like the kind of work you would love to be doing, reach out to us and attach your resumé to email@example.com and let’s chat about how we can combine forces!
HintMD is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.